The Chestnut Ridge Conservancy is proud of its accomplishments since our incorporation in 2010.
Our collaborative relationships with the Erie County Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry, as well as the Erie County Executive and Erie County Legislature, have allowed us to make a number of significant achievements to enhance the state of the park.
See our galleries tab for pictures on many of these listed accomplishments and events.
To Date …
- Casino Mural Restoration — begun in 2013 and completed in 2015, the Conservancy raised more than $40,000 to restore the five iconic murals located inside the Chestnut Ridge Park Casino. Art conservator Eileen Sullivan of Aurora Art Conservation provided the labor to bring life back to Bernard Feldman’s 1948 treasures.
- Long-Range Binoculars — The Conservancy has partnered with the County to install free binoculars on the Casino patio. The view is spectacular!
- Portable Steel Bike/Sled Racks — Conservancy donors have made it possible for the CRC to donate several steel bike/sled racks that can be moved throughout the park as needed.
- Boy Scouts Legacy ’11 Project Support — The Conservancy donated money to the Boy Scouts who built the fishing pier by the lake, as well as repair work on other structures in Chestnut Ridge Park.
- Memorial Benches — The CRC and the county have worked together to coordinate the purchase and placement of several memorial benches throughout the park.
- Pet Waste Collection Stations — One of our first projects was to install several of these stations throughout the park to help keep the grounds clean.
- Tennis Court Wind Screens & Court Benches — The wind screens and court benches complemented the extensive repairs performed by the county which included resurfacing, painting, new nets and hardware.
- Wildflower Garden — The wildflower garden is located just past the main entrance on Route 277, on the right. You will see our wildflower commemorating sign.
- Stone Work Restoration — In 2018, the CRC funded $15,000 of stone on four projects. 1.) Tennis courts water fountain area, Beehive monuments, Bathroom shelter station at the entrance to the park. 4.) Stone guide wall in the parking lot just past the casino.
- Free Outdoor Movies — The Conservancy, with the help of generous sponsors (Arthur’s Hardware, Arthur’s Home Furnishings, and University Pediatric Dentistry), have been showing free movies on the sledding hill during the summer months.
- New Finish on the Fishing Pier — The Conservancy worked with the County and the Orchard Park High School Cross Country Team to apply a fresh layer of clear coat on the fishing pier. Coaches Dave Wert and Katie Helmicki and the Varsity and JV teams spent a better part of the morning working on the project. The team practices regularly at the park and wanted to give back.
- Various Other Projects — The CRC has contributed money and volunteers to various park events including the Annual Youth Fishing Clinic, the Blue Star Memorial Byway marker in the honor garden surrounding the flag pole next to the casino, the annual Santa Land and Winterfest celebrations, and supporting the Eagle Scout project to restore the baseball diamond bleachers next to the Mackinnon Shelter.